Special Events and Dinners
McCarthy’s Red Stag Pub has been known in the Lehigh Valley as one of the most unique venues to host private parties, rehearsal dinners, bridal or baby showers, and corporate events. What makes us unique is that we specialize in Celtic cuisine and provide a full Celtic experience — atmosphere, music and even the folklore.
Great Room Features:
- Private and welcoming atmosphere
- Capacity for seating up to 50 guests
- Banquet menus, or work with our chef to create a custom menu
- Full bar/pub
- Equipped with a sound system or a large-screen television
- Ample parking a block away (Walnut Street Parking Garage), or street parking.
- Within walking distance of two quality hotels: The Hotel Bethlehem and Hyatt Place Bethlehem
- Live Entertainment available for booking (access to harpists, pipers, fiddlers, and dancers to help make your event a truly cultural experience)
- Handicapped accessible
The Story of Our Great Room
Our Great Room was renovated from a carpet storage warehouse to its current Party and Special Event space about 15 years ago. We decided to make the decor more of a pine look, inspired by another of Neville’s haunts of the past outside Lisburn— the Homestead Inn. We found a wood recycler in Hoboken, NJ who sold us really cool pine flooring with an amazing history tale.
Back at the time of the Irish Potato Famine (1846-50), when over 3 million starved to death and millions more left Ireland on “Famine or Coffin Ships”, Ireland’s population was depleted by almost half. The ships returned to Ireland from the new world with a plentiful and inexpensive cargo — Old growth American pine. Some of the pine had been growing since the late 1400s and ended up in Ireland and Britain to be used as support beams in factories and Mansions of the fledgling Industrial Revolution. The pine beams have been recycled some 100 -150 years later and turned into tongue and groove flooring — harder than any oak the craftsman installing the wood floor discovered. How fitting to have a piece of history that grew in America and lived in Ireland for over 100 years and has crossed the Atlantic in the same ships that took many of the early Irish settlers to the New World!
Interested in hosting an event with us?
When it comes to your menu, our chef specializes in Celtic cuisine, and can help you craft any style of menu you choose to create your perfect event. Please see below for our current banquet menus.